* Bag of wild rocket, washed (about 70g)
* 35-40g nuts of your choice – walnuts work well, or a add a few almonds. If you use cashews you can leave out the parmesan as they add a creamy flavour.
* 1 head of spring garlic, topped and tailed and finely sliced.
* 40g parmessan cheese, grated (optional)
* 70-80ml cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste * Lemon zest (optional) * Spaghetti
Place the rocket in a blender, add a dash of olive oil and then blend with an electric blender. Next add half the spring garlic, then pulse for 10-20 seconds (this is incase it’s super strong in flavour!); next, add the nuts and pulse a few times depending on how coarse (or fine) you like the pesto. Keep the blender running and add the rest of the olive oil in a stream, a bit at a time, til you have a nice smooth pesto consistency paste. Add the parmesan last. Season, taste and add more spring garlic if necessary.
Serve with spaghetti, a grating of lemon zest will lift the flavours and a garnish of rocket will keep your plate pretty. If you don’t use all of the rocket pesto, store it in a glass jar in the fridge, covering it with a thin layer of extra virgin olive oil.