OrganicLea is looking for new co-op members for its training and education, engagement and outreach work!
- Can you inspire communities and young people through food growing?
- Are you able to bring multi-stranded initiatives into a coherent food growing project for potential partners?
- Are you passionate and realistic about working with diverse and hard to reach communities?
- Can you combine strategic thinking about future opportunities while managing day to day operational delivery of education or outreach initiatives?
- Are you committed to supporting people to achieve employment as food educators and outreach workers?
Does this make sense to you as the skills required in the urban food growing movement?!
We are looking for people to join our workers’ co-operative and support our work within communities. We are looking for a range of skills in project coordination, community partnership work, education and training across ages and abilities, and strong ability to spot and grab opportunities. This OrganicLea project work is rooted in improving health and well-being, supporting multi-generational skills development and enhancing community cohesion.
We want to fit the roles to the people rather than the other way round so we’re looking for people we can work with to shape the specific role and hours that will best match their skills.
How to apply:
- Please download and read the responsibility descriptions and person specifications carefully
- Consider what suits your skill set and commitments and make an application – which means:
- Send an up-to-date CV and a letter of application. Please use this letter to identify which areas of the work you are interested in and why – indicating how you meet the person specifications. Please add how you feel you can contribute to OrganicLea.
Please send these to clare[at]organiclea.org.uk (replace [at] with @)
You can speak to either Joanne Jerrold or Clare Joy about the application process. They are at Hawkwood on most Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays: 020 8524 4994
Deadline for applications: 10am on Monday 12 November
First interviews are to take place on Thursday 15 November
Start date: As soon as possible after interviews