Spring Garlic Risotto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 30g butter or extra olive oil
- 250g risotto rice (arborio)
- splash white wine or vermouth (optional)
- 1 litre vegetable stock (hot)
- 3 wet spring garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
Cook garlic and onion slowly in some butter and oil for about 10 minutes without colouring.
Add rice, turn up the heat and cook until the rice is coated with garlic mix, season and add alcohol if using. Stir until the wine has been absorbed.
Next, add the stock until rice is just covered and turn down the heat. Maintain rice at a gentle simmer and keep adding stock once the last addition has been absorbed.
After another 5 minutes, when rice is just cooked but has some bite, add the butter and cheese (if using). Season and serve with a sprinkling of cheese and a handful of rocket or mixed salad.
May 15th, 2013 → 10:11 am @ Craig Bayne