Nursery & Primary Schools
We support primary and nursery schools to develop food growing projects.
We believe in learning through action and aim to include students, staff and local families in every step of the garden development. We can either support you for a short-term or provide on-going support.
- ‘Edible Playground’ at Wentworth Nursery
- Starting a new garden, Chingford Hall Children Centre
- Providing ongoing gardening support at Low Hall Nursery School & Riverley primary school & children centre
Activities for the children and families include –
- Starting a new garden (building and planting)
- Making fresh apple juice
- Learning about habitats and the food chain: building a ‘bug mansion’ built with the children and parents of Low Hall Nursery School
- Experimenting with potatoes
We can provide ongoing support to your primary school by –
- Providing an Organiclea outreach gardener to run weekly school gardening clubs
- Training school staff to lead a gardening club
- Running gardening courses for parents
- Supplying resources to local schools, either directly from our main growing site or through our partnership with Forest Recycling Project: woodchip, recycled timber, compost, plants and seedlings (including specially devised school plant packs, to crop during term time).
- Running educational visits and workshops for local primary schools at our main growing site
- Offering general advice (as a Capital Growth local lead)
For more information on setting up or supporting a school food growing project please email email@example.com or call Liz at 0208 558 6880