Sunday 30 August, 12-4pm
Get ready for the winter growing season with our winter salads plant sale – choose from our entire range of winter salads and leafy greens, as well as green manures, companion flowers and fruit bushes. Seedlings (£3 for 10 salad plugs) which will keep your garden and your plate green over the coming cold months!
This month we also welcome a guest from the ‘Outside Puppets’ collective. Andre will be taking elements of their ‘Bon Appetit’ performance to bring new atmosphere to Hawkwood’s ‘oak grove’ quarter. It’s a performance for all ages “raising questions about what we eat, what we do with our rubbish and how we exploit natural resources; a surreal reflection of our times.” Expect to be involved… and it will include a scarecrow puppet making workshop; with designs to improve pest management in the Hawkwood market garden!
And as usual there’s a site tour, a seasonal horticultural task, the forest school for kids, and delicious café food available – coffee, teas, cake and lunch prepared with our produce.
- Growing Food in Winter 12-1pm free workshop
- Gardening activity 12-2pm, seasonal horticulture task
- Plant sale and farm stall 12-4pm
- Lunch 1-2pm, bring a packed lunch or buy delicious, seasonal fare here
- Workshop with performance by Andre from the ‘Outside Puppets’ collective, 2-3pm
- Site tour 3pm
- Coffee and cake available to buy throughout the day
- Forest school (12-3pm) Activities and free play for children of all ages. Children under 6 must be accompanied. Spaces are limited so please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions to our Hawkwood site here.
August 20th, 2015 → 4:25 pm @ Marlene