Saturday 31 January and Sunday 1 February 2015, 9am-5.15pm
We are excited to be hosting this acclaimed Nursery Course at our Hawkwood Nursery site.
Learn how to establish your very own edible Plant Nursery on this weekend course. Propagating and raising your own plants is a great way to improve the self-sufficiency of any growing operation and to generate funds also. This in-depth course will allow you to benefit from the case studies of other nurseries as well as giving you the theory and practice to design and set up your own operation. The course is taught by Niels Corfield, a professional nursery-man who runs Edible Cities in Leeds.
Please note booking contact details below, not through Organiclea.
The course will cover
• Designing a commercial nursery – how to get started
• Understanding the different nursery and propagation options
• Running a commercial nursery operation, including: feeding and pest management
• Irrigation & watering
• Becoming self-sufficient in propagation materials
• Tour of an existing nursery site
• Hands-on nursery design practice
• Seasonal propagation activity
• Managing stock, sales and purchases
• Marketing of edible and unusual plants, online and face-to-face
There will also be practical sessions on grafting and taking hardwood cuttings, and resources to take away including plant lists, templates and a course reader.
The cost of the course is banded on the basis of income:
Up to £14,000 per year income: £75 (places limited)
£14-20,000 per year income: £95
£20,000 and above: £135
Book your place by contacting Humphrey Lloyd on 07702810555 or by email to email@example.com