Visit the growing site on Sunday 31 October – our monthly Sunday Open Day of activities – ALL WELCOME.
Join us anytime from 12-4pm for:
• Apple-tastic pressing and tasting. Throughout the day we will be sharing
the joys of our local fruit-picking project gathered together around the
apple press and tables where it’s all about chopping, pressing, scrunching
• Join-in seasonal gardening activities throughout the day – there are
barrow loads of compost to use to prepare the growing fields for next
year’s growing season – ‘mulch-tastic’!
• Bulb-planting: nectar-rich, early to flower crocus will be being planted
around the beehives and on the site’s edge .. good food for the bees and
we have free bulbs to give away to those planting at community
sites/public neighbourhood spaces in Waltham Forest – come along and find
• Preparing green tomato chutney: With the tomato harvest season drawing
to a close – and the blight setting in; the Hawkwood kitchen will be
cooking up a green tomato chutney storm .. cooking hands welcome
• Tour this 12 acre site with our self-guided tour and sign posts – learn
about the site’s winter’s work plans.
Open from 12-4pm – drop in or come for the day (bring a packed lunch if staying for the day – we eat between 1 and 2pm).