At Hawkwood Nursery, come to an open day on the last Sunday of every month, from 12-4. Or come and volunteer during the week, on Wednesdays and Fridays 11am-4pm, and Tuesday afternoons 1.30-4pm. Volunteer start dates take place on the 1st Wednesday and 3rd Friday of every month. Contact us for more information about this opportunity.
The Hawkwood farm stall is open Wednesdays (3.30-6) and Thursdays (9-5) and on the last Sunday of the month open day (12-4). Pop in for carrots, onions and potatoes, plus a small range of seasonal vegetables and fruit from the Hawkwood growing site. All organically grown at Hawkwood or provided by the small organic farms that we work with in the East of England.
Find us at the Hornbeam Centre on Saturdays (market stall 10-3) or pop into the Hornbeam Cafe any time from Monday to Saturday (weekdays 11-4, Saturdays 10.30am-5pm) to see what’s going on and find out how you can get involved.
Here are details of events coming up… Subscribe to our list (top right of page) for email invitations.
- Cultivate Festival - Friday 21st March, locations all over Waltham Forest
- Volunteer Induction - Friday 21st March, Hawkwood Nursery
- Organiclea's Market Stalls with Seed Swap and A Taste of Local produce - Saturday 22nd March,
- Plant a vine - grow your own wine workshop - Saturday 22nd March, Hawkwood Nursery
- Hawkwood Nursery Site Tour - Tuesday 25th March, Hawkwood Nursery
- Composting Made Easy Workshop - Tuesday 25th March, Oliver Road Food Growing Site
- Finding space to grow discussion and workshop - Tuesday 25th March, Leytonstone Library
- Film Screening: ‘Raising Resistance’ - Wednesday 26th March, Hornbeam Cafe
- Pathways to Food Sovereignty - Wednesday 26th March, The Hornbeam
- Hawkwood Nursery Site Tour - Friday 28th March, Hawkwood Nursery
- Employment and training opportunities in urban horticulture - Saturday 29th March, Food-A-Fair, Waltham Forest College
- Getting more local food onto our plates - a guide for buyers and growers - Saturday 29th March, Food-A-Fair, Waltham Forest College
- Organiclea's Market Stalls with Seed Swap and A Taste of Local produce - Saturday 29th March,
- Food-A-Fair - Saturday 29th March, Waltham Forest College
- An introductory workshop on sustainable bee keeping - Saturday 29th March, Hawkwood Nursery