Volunteer at Organiclea
If you’d like to volunteer with Organiclea please email email@example.com or call 020 8524 4994.
If you would like to refer someone to volunteer with Organiclea please contact Jo to discuss their needs and arrange a volunteering taster day.
- We hold Open Days at Hawkwood Community Plant Nursery on the last Sunday of each month 12pm – 4pm. Just show up and join in.
- Regular volunteer days at Hawkwood are Wednesdays and Fridays 11am-4pm, and Tuesday afternoons 1.30-4pm.
- New volunteers are asked to join a volunteer induction, these take place on the 1st Wednesday and 3rd Friday of every month.
Volunteer induction dates for spring 2014 are: Friday 21st March, Wednesday 2nd April, Friday 19th April, Wednesday 7th May, Friday 16th May. All inductions start at 11am.
Please dress for the outdoors and bring a packed lunch (except Wednesdays).
Current volunteer roles:
- Horticultural Assistant: help us grow fruit and vegetables and learn about organic food production
- Veg Packers: Wednesdays only, join a team of veg box packers who play a vital role in getting local food delivered around the borough
- Cooks: Wednesday mornings only, help to prepare shared lunch of local, organic ingredients for all volunteers
- Stall volunteers: talk to customers and help us sell our produce
There is always a range of seasonal activities to do, both in the glasshouse and outside, some more energetic (lifting, shovelling) than others (seed sowing, harvesting). On Fridays we focus our attentions on fruit, on Wednesdays we turn out attention to vegetable production.
Wednesdays 11am-4pm, Fridays 11am-4pm and Tuesdays 1.30-4.30pm. If you are interested in getting involved in growing food at Hawkwood please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8524 4994.
Every Wednesday a team of volunteers helps us to pack local, organic veg bags for box scheme customers all over Waltham Forest. Volunteers weigh and sort fruit and veg and put them in bags. This role is suitable for volunteers with a wide range of physical abilities.
Wednesdays 10.30am-3pm. If you are interested in the veg box scheme please email email@example.com or call 020 8524 4994.
On Wednesdays we sit down to a shared lunch together. Volunteer cooks, led by a Cooking Teacher, help to prepare a healthy, vegetarian lunch using ingredients harvested from our site, or from other local growers.
Wednesdays 11am-2pm. If you are interested in joining the cooking team and learning about cooking with seasonal food please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8524 4994.
Help out on our Saturday market stall outside the Hornbeam Cafe in Walthamstow. Talk to customers, learn about the produce and gain customer services skills. Volunteers commit to a monthly shift on the stall or provide occasional cover as needed. Lunch at the Hornbeam Cafe is provided. To find out more about helping on the stall please contact email@example.com or call 020 8524 4994.